Monday, November 24, 2008

Digging Up My Old Art


This is two 16x20 stretched canvases, and yes there are staples on the side!! I would never sell this one on etsy because I am afraid no one would like that fact.



This is the one that I am going to bring back to life...I think! I like it, but I hate the colors and I think it needs to be done with cleaner lines. There are several faces in this painting and that is what is interesting about it. How many faces do you see??


Alright, so I was digging in my art closet looking for something to put up on an empty space on the wall today, and I came across some old paintings that were done over three years ago. This was way before I knew I would ever get to sell my art online one day. I found Etsy less than a year ago, so imagine if I would have known about it in 2005! I would be way further into my progression than I am now I think. First off, I did not find anything to put on my wall but I found a new project! I am going to totally revive one of these paintings. The one with all the faces I feel has the potential to be waaayy better. I am going to tweak the lines and change probably every single color on the painting. It is unfinished, I just lost interest in it and never went back to it. I think I just wasn't into it because it is done on a canvas sheet. I had purchased a canvas pad to cut down cost because I kept ruining stretched canvases and throwing them out too often. I may just do the whole thing on a stretched canvas, that may be better. I have all these ideas flowing right now, so we shall see. I will post the before and after of the painting as soon as I finish it. I think I could have it done by next week!

No comments:

Blog Archive