Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fall Beauty





I have lived in North Carolina for almost five years and I dearly miss the great state of Texas! I miss the beach, the food, the culture, the people,...I can go on forever. My husband will one day get out of the army and we will probably go back to Texas depending on what job he gets. Anyway, I have found that there is beauty in North Carolina that I have never seen in Texas, especially during the fall. In south Texas its usually warm most of the year, and the seasons just mesh with each other and you can wear shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas day most of the time. I have come to enjoy the four seasons in NC because they come around and you can tell what time of the year it is. Oh, and for the first time in my life I witnessed snow while living here! It is beautiful but not fun to walk in when your pregnant, lol! The holidays are fun here because it is cold and there are pine trees everywhere, it seems more festive during Christmas that way. I took a picture the other day that captures the beautiful fall season here. When I leave, I will miss the red and orange leaves that blanket the lawns. I took this picture while I was in the car and I just wanted to share it.

No comments:

Blog Archive