Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Mini Art





So I did some retro mini art for my living room and I said I would post pics of them when I completed them. We have some not so cute couches that are a neutral color and I wanted something that would compliment them. I refuse to upgrade the furniture at this time since I have a toddler and an infant. They wouldn't be allowed in the living room if we bought the leather couches my husband wants so bad! Although I love the bright cheery art I do, its not a good fit for the look I have going in my living room. I did some rounded squares and my favorite retro flower pattern and I think they came out pretty good. In order to tone down the colors a bit, I gave them a rustic look that adds to the retro feel. These pics do not give the pieces justice, they look way cooler in person! So tell me what ya think!

3 comments:

Jenn Ski said...

these are awsome!

Holly Bartos said...

Love them! I totally feel you on the ugly couch thing. We have an ugly hand-me-down floral couch from my grandma and a neutral one we got after we got married. I hate them both! But we're planning to get new ones fairly soon cause we just can't stand it anymore! At least you can have a little tiny bit of the living room the way you really want it, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

looking good!

Blog Archive