Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Priceless Possession


This chair, without a doubt, is the most priceless item I own (besides my wedding ring); I call it my "Lucy Chair". It belongs to my late grandmother Lucy's first living room set. My grandparents purchased it in 1957. It was originally white leather but it had a huge rip on it. It had been hanging around at my parents house forever until I kind of adopted it. I just had it shipped with all my belongings after I got married in Hawaii! My handy and awesome father-in-law reupholstered it for me while visiting a couple of years ago. Not only is it the coolest looking chair I have owned but the sentimental value is immeasurable. When my grandmother passed away, I was not able to hang on to anything that belonged to her before they cleared her belongings from her home. My aunt, her only daughter kept what was valuable to her and I am sure in time those will go to her daughters. I was deeply hurt about this at the time. So this chair symbolizes my grandmother and what she meant to me the twenty years I was able to know her. I will never sell this and one day I would like to pass it on to my daughters. Just thought I would share the story of my Lucy Chair.

No comments:

Blog Archive