Friday, May 29, 2009

Yardwork on Etsy

I got around to wanting to browse Etsy today and I came across the designs of Yardwork.The first two designs are handprinted, and the last two designs are digitally printed in N.C. , I just love them! I have always wanted to learn how to do this sometime, I wondered if it was a difficult process. Also, I wondered how many mistakes are made in the process because lord knows how much photo paper I go through trying to make one print right! I finally know all the work that goes into such a process. The artist has so kindly described, in detail, her work process, which is a rarity. After reading it, I have so much more respect for artists that handprint fabric because it sounds like a very long , difficult process that requires lots of supplies to come up with the end result. I will definitely stick to what I know for now, lol! I will stick to buying from talented artist that are experts at what they do. If you would like to read about the process, click here. By the way, I love the way the artist refers to the variations and irregularities of each fabric design as "happy accidents", what a great way to look at it! Here are some of my favorites from her shop:


Waves of Grain (one yard) $35
(hand-printed)


Dandelion-Charcoal (18x26 inches) $15
(hand-printed)


Greenware (one yard) $27
(digitally printed)


Bebop (one yard) $27
(digitally printed)

5 comments:

KERRY said...

These are great...especially like the knife/fork/spoon one. Have posted a few of your pics on my blog. x

Susan Scott said...

Thanks for mentioning me on your wonderful blog! If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to convo me at etsy! I'm very convo friendly!

bopbopdesigns said...

beautiful shop!

Anonymous said...

oh wow - those are super fab - what a great find.

monika said...

Nice blog

Blog Archive